Monday, February 28, 2011

Butterflies in winter....

For years we didn't have a full length mirror in the house.  I didn't expect how much fun it would be!  Mainly watching my sweet girls adore themselves - each in their own very different ways.  Today we brought out the face paint and transformed them into butterflies........











See those painted nails?  Yes we were busy today :)  Guilt-free - or should I say non-toxic nail polish was discovered at our local health food store this past week.  It has *no odour* seriously.  I was so pleased!  I wouldn't buy it for the longest time, and then I bought it, but wouldn't let anyone use it in the house, so it was a summertime only sort of thing - that still left me worrying about the chemicals I'd just painted directly onto their little bodies.   This stuff is water based, easy to get off - it peels.  It's called Suncoat Girl - I'm assuming that is the kids' version, tho I've got some on right now, and it's not so shabby ;)  It seems to come off easier tho.  The adult version is just called Suncoat.  It appears to be made in Canada too :)  There is something deeply satisfying about painting one's nails, with no stink!



This is my oldest girl who had me paint her face like a butterfly *every day* for months.  I once met someone who remembered me from years before *because* of the butterfly paintings - and well the overall constant body art in general lol - that girl liked to decorate herself ;)  Now she's 16 and wants a tattoo.  Oh my!


She did the art work here, so I'm guessing that the butterfly girl tradition will be carried on...

No comments:

Post a Comment