Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter disorganized

So I think this year may very well take the cake for a last minute disorganized scramble.  I was thinking I was on the ball remembering to buy the plastic eggs we were needing, well ahead of time, before they sold out in the stores (as they always seem to every year in our small town)  We did remember to get the candy.  I didn't remember to get the Easter books out, or to dye eggs with the kids for that matter ( tho I did think about it several times)  I was, in my defence, sick with a cold in the couple days leading up to Easter.  I was also better tho, and stayed up very late chatting with some lovely ladies when I went to pick up my boy from a sleepover last night...  So the Easter bunny was running around outside in the dark with a head lamp (Yeah that rumour that the easter bunny can see in the dark, is just a myth lol!)  You'd think that camera obsessed me would have gotten it together to get Easter baskets, but apparently I didn't, so really the only good photo (unless you like the look of eggs in plastic bags) is this one below.....


But as you can see - I'm the only one who cares ....


....because the *EASTER BUNNY* came.....


I mean really - it's all about the hunt..... and the candy right?


and the magic of the Easter Bunny - 


it's about thinking of all the possible places the Easter bunny might have *hopped*
(in the dark with his head lamp no less)


and discovering some new flowers have just started to pop up is pretty cool too...


And the conversations....."Mom did you hide all the eggs inside or outside"
"I have no idea S - the *EASTER BUNNY* hid them remember? How the heck would I know - sheesh"  Wink wink nudge nudge.  The little girls don't seem to notice the enormous number of slip ups made by the big brother.  I guess the magic of believing has clouded their little brains so that they can't hear any of those....

Maybe next year I'll remember the baskets, and the egg dying, and the books ;)  But thank goodness kids are so easy to please.

2 comments:

  1. You are brilliant, Heather.

    You just took away all my Easter guilt. We dyed eggs this year, but they all looked like mud : ) Harder to find that way, I guess...

    ReplyDelete