Friday, December 10, 2010

Progress

I got a lot done today - goodness that feels good :)  

I can't post one of the things I made - since eyes are everywhere, and secrets must be kept, but I can share...

this sweet dress - repurposed from a women's top that my 2 year old fell in love with at the thrift store....

It took less than an hour from start to finish.

I took it in along the top of the sleeves so it would fit her better, and then I just folded the tulle in half lengthwise, and sewed along the fold (that's 4 layers since it comes folded once already) then gathered it until it was roughly the same length as the shirt was around, and zigzagged to hold the gathers.  Then I pinned it on the dress a few inches up, and sewed it on.  A quick trim with the rotary cutter afterwards to tidy up the bottom, and the little bow at the neck and voila! Another dress for the dress up box I'm planning for the girls for Christmas :)



No comments:

Post a Comment