Sunday, September 4, 2011

Just Like Grandma



This baby girl of mine arrived just two short months before my much loved Grandma passed.  What a lucky babe she was tho to share some of her Great-Grandma's last shining moments.  I've always felt the two of them are very much connected and ever so much alike in looks and fiesty personality.
So much so that we added her name as a second middle name for this girl of mine.


This photo tho (above) ..... oh my.  The likeness is striking, and pulls at my heart just a little, reminding me.


It's a good kind of pulling on that heart of mine tho.  I loved her dearly.


G.G. - as she liked to call her great grandmother self - would have adored this one.  All of them really - but I'm sure she would have seen herself in her.  Recognized the twinkle in her eye perhaps.


This wide open lovey girl - she literally hurls herself at us - full of love - every day.



  I just follow her rambunctious self, camera in hand.  That smile - my camera wants to catch it!


I realized the other day that this is the first time in all my many years mothering all these loves, that I don't have a baby in the house, distracting me from really appreciating all that is 3.  



Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment