Friday, November 6, 2009

Jasmine Lace Edge Cardigan, by Louisa Harding.

Life has been so incredibly full lately - I'm finding it a little hard at the end of the day to find inspiration for a blog post, so I'm going to do a few posts on previous knitting projects. Starting with this one ;) Because that was the first one I tracked down in my photos ;) Easy is top priority right now ;)

This is Little Miss A wearing the "Jasmine Lace Edge Cardigan" found in Louisa Hardings book, "Natural Knits for Babies and Moms"

This sweet cardigan was my first attempt at lace. I was really pleased with how it turned out.


I used O-Wool Balance which is 50% cotton and 50% merino wool. I really really like O-wool - both the balance and the Classic are so lovely to work with.

I started this sweater when Little Miss A was a baby and it took me almost a full year to complete. I was fairly new to knitting when I started and it seemed sooooo hard! Then when I came back to it after ignoring it for several months (yes I do that often ;) ) I had more experience knitting and all of a sudden it wasn't hard - I didn't take long to finish it after that.

I made a Pilot hat to match - that'll be another post coming up tho, as I've made several from that pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment