Sunday, December 20, 2009

Messenger Bag

She likes it! :)
This isn't the best picture, but it's showing the inside of the bag- there are a variety sizes of
pockets in the interior of the bag.


We looked high and low for a school bag that met both my daughter's desire for something attractive/fashionable, and my need to buy something well made that wouldn't be in a landfill in a year or less ;) We weren't getting anywhere fast, so I decided to make one for her birthday :) - which I must say I'm starting to think is a lot less time consuming than shopping for hours. I like the end result a lot better too :)

The pattern is here

The fabric is from Anna Maria Horner's new line - in the oil cloth. It's a very high quality fabric - I'm quite impressed with it and it wasn't hard to sew with at all.

The interior fabric isn't fancy - I got it at Fabricland :)

I cut apart my own purse for the strap and clip/closure. The zipper had just broken and I was itching for a new bag ;) And besides I'd have had to drive to the fabric store an hour away to get those parts otherwise, so it really did work out perfectly :)

I think I will make another one in a smaller size ( the pattern comes in 3 sizes and is very easy to make) for myself :)




No comments:

Post a Comment