Sunday, August 30, 2009

the stretching

It's amazing just how much being a mama (or a papa of course) forces you to stretch and grow. Some days, weeks *years* much more so than others. I've been a mama now for 15 years (really? That long? The time really has flown by *fast* ) and I'm continuously amazed all over again to find myself yet again stretching through the difficult times with a strength I never knew I had.

It's so easy to get lost in it all - it can be such a struggle at times and yet the struggle is really what it's all about right? I mean that is really where the growth comes from. Those are the times that really stretch you and force you to seek new limits breaking through inner barriers and somehow finding peace in it all. The time in between when things are flowing and harmonious? - well those times leave me feeling like it's all worth while and I realize that those times stretch us too. They stretch our capacity to love and be loved. To love even more than we ever thought we could.

It's amazing isn't it? Even when I'm tearing my hair out in frustration I still know that there's no place I'd rather be. And in those moments of frustration - if I can - I try to remember to feel grateful for that daily stretch that my children give me. Sometimes it really hurts! Somehow tho it's a worthwhile sort of pain - one that enables us to experience greater depths of joy.

What an amazing journey this is.

***********************************************************************************

We're back from a short holiday and you can expect photos tomorrow - once my tired camera battery has had a chance to recharge ;) And maybe a little recharging for the mama would be in order too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment